Information, Education, Research, Product Development, Resource Stewardship
The Railway Tie Association is the forum for the interests and needs of all groups that depend on the wood crosstie industry for their business success.
Our mission since 1919 has been to ensure that the engineered wood crosstie system continues to evolve and improve in order to remain cost-effective and to meet the ever-changing requirements of track systems around the world.
Today, the RTA:
- Supports research and development of the treated wood crosstie
- Leads in information sharing about tie manufacturing and use
- Takes an active role in continuing education for its members
- Works to support sound management practices for our forest resources
- Promotes efforts to improve wood tie performance
- Serves all those interested in one of the most enduring products in the railroad industry
The 2014 Short Line Survey will be mailed out in April 2014
If you are a member of ASLRRA, please fill out the paper copy of the survey you receive in the mail and either mail/fax back to our office at 770.460.5573.
Or, you can submit your information electronically.
Either way, your feedback is critical to the success of this yearly survey. Everyone who fills out a survey will receive a $10 Amazon.com gift card as our way of saying thanks!
Many thanks to all those who participate and look for the results in the September/October issue of Crossties Magazine!